Friday, July 27, 2007

Flamenco Performance

Last night, I decided to experience another incredible Latin Dance only this time, i get to watch and take some pictures. Knowing one of my friends performing on stage along with established musicians and dancers in KC, it was an event I could'nt afford to miss. It was held at the Mission Theatre on Johnson Drive in Kansas City.

When I walked in, the intimate raised stage with red curtains, some chairs and a guitar on a stand stood all alone in silence while the 8 white tables with spectators waiting anxiously but patiently. I have heard a little about the amount of passion and power that goes into this Art Form. The one thing that gets me excited is to see another Artist expressing him/herself freely and passionately on stage to share.


My talented friend Zhana in action. I first met her in Tango. We went to the same post graduate college together in town. After losing in touch with her for 3 years. We met again and now she is mastering one of the most sensual, passionate and powerful dance on stage.


Heres Miel Castagna awaits for her queue to start dancing. At this time, the musicians started the intro to the music. As they builds up, the dancers join in.








Here is special guest from Sevilla, Spain: The lovely Melinda Hedgecorth - baile. She performed about three powerful numbers on stage that left us breathless. Her powerful tap and passion that roars through her movements and spins captured the moment. Musicians and dancers interact as they sing and apply emphasis to create more drama in the performance.


At the end, the dancers each get a moment to shine. The rest cheered on. Here's Zhana's turn.


This is probably my favorite shot of all. Need i say more. The balance in the pic both composition and the weight of each dancers. I can almost feel the music and their tapping rumbling the stage as the music played on.

No comments: