Tuesday, January 02, 2007

JOB Hunting again!!!!

Well, its almost 3 am. Felt like blogging again. So I have left my job for the last two years two weeks ago. I haven't felt the same simply because I am adjusting to my life routine. It seems like I have so much I have to do besides finding a job. I have so much time now in hand.

The reason I had to leave my job was because my title at my job didn't allow me to prove that i am the only person who can do that job. That idea is silly anyway to begin with and because it is actually part my application process getting the greencard, it makes me even madder and frustrated. However, I am determined to find a job that could actually sponsor my permanent residency in the states. I am constantly sharing my story and talking to people who might be able to help me spread the word or who could actually give me a job. That day will come soon I hope.

I have since enrolled in school to finish my Masters degree in Design. I have updated my portfolio and recently met a design company here in town who might need some help with some magazine design. I am planning on seizing every freelance opportunities I can get my hands on too. First day of school is January 13th. It looks like I will be teaching a Design 3 class. Interesting!!! Good for my resume I suppose. I am definitely excited. My last class that I taught at the Kansas City Art Institute was great! I had a blast teaching a bunch of young professionals who shares my passion. I have learned to be even more patient as an instructor and also to continue to be as honest as I can.

I am painting as usual. Will be working on a series of Flint Hills' paintings for the gallery and a juried show in May. I also have an exhibition at Blue Koi in February. Something to keep me busy, to look forward to and continue to put my work out there. I am praying to have more commissions lined up in the next month or two. I could sure use the money. Living on my savings when I have to isn't fun but it makes me feel responsible.

I do miss work sometimes. I enjoyed the idea of being somewhere and interacting with people. I regreted leaving my dear friend behind at work. I miss her voice and laughter everyday. Things happen for a reason and I think I have figured out why this change. Since then, I am happy.

3 comments:

Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey said...

Good luck with the job hunting! Best wishes in that area.

Regardless of your job title, I think your friends all know you are irreplacable. ;-)

Jessa said...

Hi Allen,
I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you. It is nice to see that you are moving in an unkown direction, as I have been doing it for the past 8 years and love it once the rollarcoaster ride wears off a little. All I can say is I love making up my job as I go along.

Keep workin away, and painting! I would love to see the paintings of the flint hills coming up. Glad you hooked up with Leopold too..Paul is the hardest working gallery owner I've met yet and I've traveled all over the USA.

Good luck and have a great new year. I'll be checking in on you from time to time.

Cheers,
Jessa Huebing-Reitinger
"the bug artist"