Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tallgrass at the Crossroad-Post Private Opening



Well, first of all the H&R Block Grand Opening was incredible. I had the privilege to meet some of the artists that had a piece or two in the collection. The view from the eighteenth floor was quite remarkable. I felt like I was in John Hancock's building in Chicago. They went all out giving the building an impressive and motivating place to work. I felt like I was in Epcot Center in Orlando minus the rides and the mascots. I even ran into a friend of mine who was with his African group providing some African music to all.

Anyway, my piece of Big Muddy III I finished this year was up in the 18th floor, supposedly the executive level. What a treat. I was just happy that they were impressed with the painting and was proud to own it.

Okay it was 6.30pm, time to head over to the last event of the night, the Tallgrass of the Crossroads' private opening. Students and parents were there. You should've seen how proud both the students and parents were. I ran into most of the students I had during the field trip. We shoke hands, shared a few laughs and I made them tell me all about their creative process. It was great! Their parents were so greatful and had only good things to say about their child's experience.

Needless say, the night was an incredible success!!!!! Half of the students' work were sold. Red 'SOLD' stickers were infestiing the sparkless white walls. I was so happy and proud of everyone who contributed. At the end of the night I learned that one of my pieces sold. It was the one that almost never made it to the show. Thanks Beth for the phone call and demanding me to have a Flint Hills related piece in the show. It was all good.

Ended the night at Blue Koi, sharing stories with a friend over some dumplings and bubble tea. YUMMM!!!

Time to veg out.... PEACE!!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hey Allan, hope all is well :)