Sunday, June 12, 2011

2011 Symphony in the Flint Hills

 The 2011 Symphony in the Flint Hills was held at Wabaunsee County.
I was just anxious to see what the landscape looks like this year. I took this image during sunset. Out of the entire day, I had a window of 1 hour between 8-9p to capture these images.
This is when incredible light and shadows reveals the magnificent landscape of our Flint Hills.
 This took place roughly after intermission and behind and away from the concert. I happened to see these cowboys at work. It was quite a sight. Look at the natural hills in the horizon. Gotta love it. Hope you enjoy!
 Heres the sight of the concert. Great music as always.
 Honestly, I was away from the concert the entire time. Music was near by and I cannot resist seeking great images.
 Beautiful cloud formations, beautiful weather this year. It was sunny but mother nature was kind to us with a cool breeze that cooled us off all day.
 Congratulations to Mike Livingston, winner this year. The painting was awesome! Simple, subtle but packed with a punch of skilled colors and composition. An accurate portray of our hidden jewel in Kansas.
 This is where I stood majority of my day standing next to my artwork along with my painting buddy and hero, Michael Duane. He has an incredible skill and style. This explains the crowd that he and his work drew. Thanks Mike for a great company.
 Artist friends Elaine and Jamie. Both had pieces in the show. All inspiring works by these individually gifted local talent. God bless their gift to us all. We had 49 pieces this year total. Probably the best collection of artwork in the last three years. Great job to the juries.
 Hey Elaine, it was great meeting such a warm, humble and talented Artist such as yourself. Your work this year just blew me away. Couldn't believe it was done in pastel. Looks like oil!!!! Anyway, all the best!!
 Met a lot of familiar faces. Some from the Kansas City Star, mostly are Artists. It was such a blast this year!!
 Michael Duane and Governer Brownback.

Mike and I will be exhibiting together with Jamie Lavin at the Kansas City Club next month! It will indeed be a great group show!
Me and the Governer. He had lots of nice things to say about the piece. I probably gave away close to 125 business cards. Until next year!!!!

Btw, stay tuned cos there will be many paintings created in the next year inspired by this weekend's trip.

No comments: