Friday, October 19, 2007

Pre Exhibition Preparations

Today is another big day. The day that I have been looking forward to for the last 3 months. Have you ever been so focused in accomplishing a goal that takes so much patience and work but in a short period of time? To be able to talk about it at the end knowing you have crossed the finish line is an experience so powerful and motivating, it makes you feel like you can do anything and be who you want to be.

(will blog about the experience above another time)

Every year, my exhibition signifies another big accomplishment not only to my career as an artist but also as an individual. This year has been the most challenging year in my career because I risked having a very short amount of time preparing for my exhibition to visit my family and friends back in Malaysia whom I haven't seen in 7 years.

As I prepare myself mentally for this evening, The only thing I want to focus on is to see my friends whom I love and to tell them how much I appreciate their support and also the public that appreciates art. They are very important to me as an artist because, audiences are part of my art making process.

Of course deep down in my heart, I can only think about all that has happened this year. Meeting the love of my life, the people that I have met, places that I have been to, being accepted at another gallery and having a blast teaching salsa.

I will be back early next week to report on this special evening with some pictures.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: