Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Post Exhibition Minutes


The exhibition was indeed a SUCCESS. Just as I anticipated, it was breathtaking to me to see all that I have worked so so hard for, up on the wall all at once. I spent many hours with each of my paintings but for the most part I only get to look at them one at a time up on my easel so to see the final result as a whole was very rewarding.

Throughout the evening, I greeted clients and chatted with them about my work. I ask them about their interest in paintings trying to learn more about what drew them to my paintings. They were fascinated about the amount paint i use for each painting. They wondered how and what i used to manipulate the paint with. Finally they appreciated the color and compositions i chose for each subject matter.

There were many close friends at the show. Among them there were friends whom I haven't seen for so long that came and they definitely brighten the day and made my evening that much more special.

30 minutes before lights out, the gallery were filled with talented dancer friends and specially loved ones. We all went out to celebrate at Cheesecake factory and went dancing to finish off the night. The night was just perfect. It definitely memorable.

I am off to work again for my next exhibition. Until then, thank you all for being at the exhibition. I hope you had a good time that evening.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Wish I could be there too dude. I guess you had taken shots for every single art piece you painted. I am sure the D40x of yours will capture the best shots and if you would put them online for ppl to see it will be as real as the actual thing! Talk about nikon!! Hahaha