Saturday, August 05, 2006

TRIP TO THE LAND OF COQUI - Puerto Rico



So I decided two months ago that my next adventure would be a Carribean Island also known as the Capitol City of Salsa that began Wednesday July 26th, 2006. My favorite and only companion and friend joined me.

My main motivation for this trip was to be inspired as a painter and a dancer. I knew that in the midst of all the craziest in life, work and lack of inspiration, this vacation will give me enough mental energy to complete my paintings for my upcoming exhibition on September 9th.

My other motivations were to visit the island and the 10th annual Salsa Conference held there. Since it was our first trip, we knew we were in for lots of surprises. We were determined to also experience the most Puerto Rican things possible. To give you an idea how organized we were for this trip, we finally made reservations at a hotel/motel days before the trip. The delay wasn't intentional but due to the nature of surprises and challenges in life, our original hotel plans fell through. But nothing was going to stop us from having a stress free trip. So before further delay, let the visual presentation/show and tell begin. Isla Verde in San Juan was our first destination in the island. Here we go!!!!!!


P.S I have never been on a vacation in an exotic place such as Puerto Rico knowing that I will also be able to dance Salsa everynight during the trip. That was a fantasy. Not anymore.

No comments: